Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center (ATC)
3201 Ave Q Lubbock, TX 79411
806.716.4689 or 806.716.4631
South Plains College provides testing services for many exams. For your convenience we have fast and secure online registration for the exams listed below. Click on the appropriate link to register online. Approved TSI exams include: ACCUPLACER (administered at SPC), THEA, ASSET, and COMPASS.
All test fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FIRST BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR ANY TEST:
YOU WILL BE DENIED THE OPPORTUNITY TO TEST IF:
- You are late, you will need to repay your testing fee and sign up for another test date. If you are fifteen minutes or more late you will not be admitted to the test. You will be considered absent and will not receive a refund.
- You do not present two forms of identification with your LEGAL NAME on both (Example: If you sign up under your maiden name, BOTH I.D.'s must be in your maiden name. If you sign up under your married name, BOTH I.D.'s must be in your married name.) YOUR IDENTIFICATION MUST MATCH EXACTLY WITH THE NAME YOU REIGESTERED.
Your two forms of identification should be: (A) Photo I.D. current - not expired and (B) an official document with your Social Security Number on it. You will be denied admission to the test and will need to repay and schedule for another testing date.
If you have questions regarding the required forms of identification, please call (806) 716-4689 or (806)716-4631.
PARENTS - IF YOU ARE REGISTERING FOR YOUR STUDENT - YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LETTING HIM/HER KNOW ALL TESTING REQUIREMENTS - NO EXCEPTIONS.
BRING WITH YOU ON THE TEST DAY:
- Admission Ticket (this will be the email you receive from email@example.com)
- A current official picture ID (i.e. Driver's License, passport, military ID, student ID). If you are a dual credit student, you may use your current high school yearbook or a current letter on school letterhead from your high school administrator identifying you with your picture attached as a picture ID
- An official Social Security ID (i.e. Social Security card). Copies are not accepted.
Important: The following items are prohibited.
Cell phones. Possession or use of cell phones is strictly prohibited in the testing facility and may result in the voiding of your scores.
Electronic devices and media, such as PDAs, pagers, computers, audiotapes, CDs, photographic or recording devices, removable storage devices, calculator watches, clocks or watches with alarms, spellcheckers, etc. DO NOT BRING CELL PHONES OR ELECTRONIC DEVICES TO THE TESTING CENTER.
Calculators, unless verbally instructed otherwise by SPC testing personnel.
Handwritten or printed materials, such as dictionaries, notebooks scratch paper, textbooks, notes, etc.
Packages and totes of any kind, such as backpacks, briefcases, etc.
Food and drink, unless previously approved in writing by SPC testing personnel for students with documented disabilities.
Unauthorized aids, such as slide rules, rulers, translation aids, highlighters, etc.
You must register no later than three business days prior to the test date.
The payment options for registering online are Visa or MasterCard. Please note an additional $3.00 processing fee will be added to the test fee to register online.
Upon successful registration, you will receive an email confirmation. Print your confirmation receipt and bring it with you to the test.
If you are unable to pay with a debit or credit card, please come to the Reese Technology Center, Building 8, room 805 to register in person. You must bring your picture ID and Social Security ID with you if you register in person.
Acceptable forms of payment in person include money order or cash. All test fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
You may test at any location. However, not all programs are available at each center. Varying components of the ACCUPLACER test are used as an entrance exam for the following programs and locations:
- Basic Fire Academy - Advanced Technology Center, Lubbock
- Cosmetology - Levelland and Plainview
- EMS - Levelland and Reese - Levelland doesn’t have EMS
- Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) - Reese and Muleshoe
- Radiologic Technology - Reese
- Surgical Technology – Reese
Register online now.